As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Perhaps you are wondering if you can put essential oils in a Himalayan salt lamp?
Well, yes, you can.
By adding essential oils, you improve the scent of the room. As the lamp burns, it heats up the oil causing it to diffuse in the air.
When the bulb in the lamp heats the rock encasing, it absorbs water molecules from the air and later releases them as vapors. This cycle makes the Himalayan salt lamp a good air purifier.
How To Put Essential Oils In A Himalayan Lamp?
The salt lamp is not at all selective of the essential oils to be used. You can apply any oil of your fancy or to meet the needs of the space. Depending on the size of the room, you would need about 2-3 tablespoons of the oil on the lamp. As the light heats up, the fragrance would permeate the air.
The salt does not dissolve in the oil, so you do not have to worry about the oils melting the lamp away. Some lamps, however, come with a built-in cup on top. This cup could be made of metal or glass.
Benefits Of Putting Essential Oils In A Himalayan Lamp
Essential oils have several uses as home remedies. When poured on the Himalayan salt lamp, they have other advantages. These include;
- While the lamp serves to cleanse the air, essential oils deodorize the air.
- Some oils act as an insect repellent
- A scented aura provided by the essential oils makes sleeping easy.
- The scents emanating from these oils, when vaporized, ease stress levels and improve mood.
Best Essential Oils To Use In A Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Cinnamon has a spicy aroma that relieves nervous tension when poured on the Himalayan salt lamp.
- Bergamot is a multi-functional oil. When dropped on the salt lamp, it serves as an insect repellant while raising a person’s mood.
- Eucalyptus oil is known for its sharp minty scent. A slight drop of eucalyptus on your salt lamp would leave your room smelling clean with a hint of forest. It also works as an insect repellant while offering breathing benefits.
- Coconut oil is a popular choice in relieving sadness and depression.
- Lemon is known for its intense fruity smell. Burning lemon oil on your salt lamp gives a scent of freshness in the room. It also functions as an insect repellant.
- Rosemary oil is known to be a good moth repellent. You can also use it to relieve tiredness.
- Thyme oil has a spicy scent that has long been favored in perfumes. When dropped on a salt lamp, its scent serves as an air antiseptic.
Several essential oils have specific fragrances they release into the air. Depending on your mood and what you feel the room needs, you could use any oil you please. If you are keeping different lamps in separate rooms, you could also use other oils. Your choice of essential oil depends on you.
You can put essential oils on your Himalayan lamp. Oil does not dissolve the salt, so you should not worry about it damaging your lamp. This simple addition would take the functions of your salt lamp from just clarifying the air to adding pleasant aromas to the atmosphere.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.