Having done your research and purchasing the Himalayan salt lamp, what do you do now?
We want to give you some tips on caring for and arranging your new Himalayan Salt Lamp to look forward to many years of enjoyment.
Setup & Care Tips
The salt lamp’s natural effect is a way of self-cleaning itself, so do not submerge it in water to “wash” it.
You don’t need to wash the salt lamp because it has antibiotic properties. If it gets dusty, use a slightly damp cloth to wipe it down.
Don’t leave your salt lamp in a humid room or outside where it may be exposed to the elements when you’re not using it.
Do not place your Himalayan salt lamp on window sills or in bathrooms where large amounts of moisture are present.
How To Place Your Salt Lamp
To concentrate and spend time in your surroundings, you may wish to use a Himalayan salt lamp.
The following are some ideas of places where a Himalayan salt lamp can enhance the ambiance: bedrooms, living rooms, offices, hospitals.
How To Care For Your Salt Lamp
- If needed, you can wipe your Himalayan Salt Lamp with a damp sponge or a dry cloth.
- The heat from the light bulb in your salt lamp will keep it from absorbing moisture, so keep it on wherever you can.
- If the salt lamp gets wet, let it sit in direct sunlight for 4 to 5 hours, and be sure to brush off any crystals that are too large.
- Keep the salt lamp and base airtight by removing the power cable from the light, disconnecting the power cable, and removing it from the lamp.
- The lamp won’t absorb moisture this way.
- You may need to place your lamp onto a small tray or dish in humid conditions or areas, in case water pools.
Checklist of Himalayan Salt Block Care
- Temper your salt block before use.
- If you don’t want your salt tile to break, make sure you are heating it slowly and gradually.
- Don’t pour oil on it; otherwise, the oil would go rancid, or it would make the cracks worse.
- Do not run it in the dishwasher unless you want it to turn into a bath of salty suds. How should you clean it?
- You should only clean it at room temperature.
- Make sure your salt block is thoroughly dry and moisture-free 24 hours before cooking on it again.